Tuesday 24 February 2015

Interview HR part 2


We recently interviewed our HR manager, Susan Knox who has been part of the TBR team for over three years now.  Susan answered all our questions and told us about the rapid rate that the TBR team was expanding at.   As part of this growth we now have a new member of staff Nicola Divers, who is our new HR and Recruitment Assistant. 

Welcome to the TBR Global team Nicola!  Since Susan’s interview went down so well we are now going to ask you five questions so everyone can get to know a bit more about you…Don’t be scared!

1) What were you doing before you joined TBR Global?
Before I joined the HR Team at TBR Global, I was in Human Resources for Hilton Glasgow for two and a half years.  I worked at the hotel for 6 and a half years in total, supporting myself through my studies working in Room Service and then as Restaurant Supervisor.

2) Did you always plan to be involved in HR?
Not at all! My degree is in Travel and Tourism Management and I always wanted to go into the transport industry: so I suppose I’ve now achieved that goal in a very roundabout way.  At one point I was convinced I was going to work behind the scenes for TfL or SPT and then I was sure I was going to be an Air Traffic Controller!  I did have a good understanding of HR through my studies however, and when the opportunity came up to go into HR with Hilton it was a chance I couldn’t pass on and I wouldn’t change that decision for the world, I love it!  My real passion is Learning and Development – I love to see the changes in people as they grow into their roles and am always proud to be part of helping them get there.

3) What is unique about working at TBR Global?
Because the Head Office here is relatively small, everyone knows each other, which is just lovely, it means that we have a really open and supportive atmosphere.  I hope that as the Company expands we hang on to that “family feeling” as it’s what makes it special and certainly one of the things that attracted me to the business.  The leadership team here genuinely want their people to succeed and are always trying to support and reward their team members, so I’m sure we’ll keep that atmosphere alive throughout our growth.

4) At the end of an interview when you ask “Do you have any questions”, what do you like to hear?
Something relevant: I like when a candidate asks questions, but not something way off-topic.
I think it’s always nice when someone asks something based on the interview itself – to explain that I mean not just a generic question, but something that’s come up through the course of the interview.  Not everyone can do that and it shows adaptability and initiative. 

5) How do you relax when not working?
Ha!  The chance would be a fine thing.  I love to read and I play the piano (which is excellent stress relief) but I’m planning a wedding right now so I feel like that’s where most of my extra time is going.  I do try to make time to chill on a Friday night with my fiancé, with a bit of telly or a film and a nice glass of red wine and I love to spend time with my friends and family on weekends.  I’ve a huge family so getting round them all is a mission and a half in itself.

Thanks Nicola!  Who will we target next in the TBR Global team??

No comments:

Post a Comment